This policy relates to Resonus Limited’s (t/a Resonus Classics) use of any, and all, personal information that we collect from you directly, and refers to those individuals that:
- Visit our website (http://www.resonusclassics.com), or web addresses that redirect to this website (http://www.resonusclassics.co.uk or http://www.resonus.co.uk)
- Use Resonus Limited’s products and services
- Contact us about our products or services
- Supply products or services to Resonus Limited
This policy will cover how Resonus Limited uses your personal data within its business by explaining:
- The personal data that we may collect from you
- In what way Resonus Limited will use this information
- When Resonus Limited will contact you using this information
- How long Resonus Limited will keep your information
- How this information will be shared with any third parties
- Your rights regarding your personal data you have provided
- How we process card payments through the Resonus Limited (Resonus Classics) website
- How you can contact us
In this policy, personal information (or data) means information (or data) relating to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is a living person that can be identified, directly or indirectly, particularly with reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location information, and online identifier (including IP addresses) or to one or more factors specific to their physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Resonus Limited highly recommends that you carefully review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Resonus Limited’s website (http://www.resonusclassics.com) so that you can fully understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Resonus Limited is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Resonus Limited website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our Data Protection Officer is Adam Binks, the Managing Director of Resonus Limited.
What personal information we collect
We collect the following information that our customers provide when creating a secure account with the Resonus Classics site:
- Your name
- Contact information including your house number, street address, postcode, telephone numbers and email address
We collect the following information that our customers provide when electing to receive personal communications from Resonus Limited (newsletters):
- Your name
- An email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with our products and services, and for the following reasons:
- Your personal data is required to establish a personal account on the Resonus Classics site in order for digital downloads or CDs to be delivered to you by secure electronic means or by physical mail services. The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Contractual Need’.
- Your personal data is also required in order for payments to be processed by our third-party payment providers (Sagepay and Paypal). The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Contractual Need’.
- To send you personalised communications which you have requested. These communications will only include news about Resonus Classics, details of new products available and occasional special offers relating to our products. The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Legitimate Interest’.
When individuals contact us directly regarding information about our products and services, we will use this personal information:
- To send you personalised communications which you have requested. These communications will only include responses to enquiries. The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Legitimate Interest’.
When companies supply us with products and services, we use any personal information provided:
- To carry out obligations arising from you providing us with products or services. The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Contractual Need’.
When will Resonus Classics contact you using your personal data provided?
Resonus Limited (t/a Resonus Classics) will only contact you using your personal information provided:
- In communications regarding an order that has been placed (where confirmations of orders are required, where there may be an issue, or where a clarification is required). The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Contractual Need’.
- When a Resonus Classics account is created, and a confirmation is required. The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Contractual Need’.
- Where an enquiry has been sent to Resonus Limited. The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Contractual Need’.
- To send you personalised communications which you have requested. The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Legitimate Interest’.
How long will Resonus Limited (t/a Resonus Classics) keep your personal data
Resonus Limited will keep your information for the length of time required to fulfil our contractual obligations. Where an account is created on our website, your data is securely stored on an ongoing basis, and will be kept until the website is closed, Resonus Limited ceases trading, or if an individual requests their personal data to be removed.
Sharing your personal information
Resonus Limited only shares the following personal information with our third-party payment providers (Sagepay and Paypal) in order solely to fulfil payments for orders placed on the Resonus Classics website:
- Your name
- Your house number, street address, postcode, telephone numbers and email address
The lawful basis for using your data in this way is ‘Contractual Need’.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any other third parties. We will only share personal information with other third parties if we are expressly required by law to do so. We will never use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
Card payment data
Resonus Limited (t/a Resonus Classics) does not collect or store any payment card numbers, CVV numbers or expiry dates from any individuals. When card payment information is inputted into our website by an individual, they are redirected to a payment page (displayed within the Resonus website) provided by either Sagepay or Paypal (depending on the individual’s payment choice), and the payment data can only be viewed and processed by those payment providers, and not by the Resonus Classics site.
The Resonus Classics website is fully PCI DSS compliant for card payments, and this compliance is renewed anually.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You may request details of personal information Resonus Limited holds about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Resonus Limited, Data Request, 62 Fletton Road, Norton-on-Derwent, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 8BB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Alternatively, your data can be viewed or amended by logging into your personal account, where your password can also be changed, and your order history viewed.
Resonus Limited will delete personal information (in whole or in part) as requested by any individual for whom we hold personal data. To request a deletion please write to the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below:
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies - our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to cease using our site for the purposes of making any purchase.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called 'spyware'. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Contact Resonus Limited (t/a Resonus Classics)
You can contact Resonus by the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)1653 693706
- Our contact form: http://www.resonusclassics.com/contact-us
- By post: 62 Fletton Road, Norton-on-Derwent, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 8BB
Resonus Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 May 2018.